Roam With The Romans
2000 years ago Hadrian’s Wall was a frontier, a place where two cultures collided. Your guide will weave a narrative from both the Roman perspective and the native perspective, thereby providing both viewpoints.
The Northumberland National Park makes a magnificent backdrop. Your guide will make visible a wealth of archaeology, thereby helping you discover a land with multiple layers. You will be in awe of the landscape as you walk the gentle slopes of the Whin Sill, a geological feature underpinning Hadrian’s Wall.
After your walk you will visit two museums on Hadrian’s Wall to enhance your visit even further. This is the complete Hadrian’s Wall experience.
Full day guided tour (approx. 7 hours)
Visit 2 museums
Soldiers stationed on Hadrian’s Wall came from Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. In a clash of cultures, these invaders faced warriors with entirely different customs and traditions.
Your guide dressed as a Roman soldier or Celtic warrior will meet you on Hadrian’s Wall. Dressed, not to thrill, but rather to bring the past to life, and provide an in-depth interpretation of Roman Britain to help you fully understand what life was like on Hadrian’s Wall almost 2000 years ago.
You will visit TWO of the museums listed below.
- Cawfields, Hadrian’s Wall
- Vindolanda Roman Fort
- The Roman Army Museum
- Housesteads Roman Fort
- Chesters Roman Fort
- Complimentary transport available
- Site entry in for two museums is included in this price
- A half day tour is also available
- Tours in English
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour. We do, however, reserve the right to wear modern clothing if the weather is causes concern for health and safety.
- Start Location: We can collect you from your accommodation or organise transport to collect you.
- Distance: The tour takes place inside of historic venues with good surfaces to walk on and outdoors with uneven paths to walk on. We can drive the vehicle close to the venue for easier access, should you require. See the Leisurely Walk description.
- Leisurely Walk: A walk for reasonably fit people with a little country walking experience, on rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
- Times: The tour runs throughout the year. Start time is 10:00am and finish time is 5:00pm. Booking is essential
For more information ring the office on – 01434 688386 or email email@example.com
£95.00 per person