Roam With The Romans
Our local guides, dressed in authentic costume of the era, weave a narrative from both sides of the wall (the tales of the natives, and the stories told by the occupying forces) as Roman history comes to life when you discover just what Britain was like under the Caesars.
The Northumberland National Park makes a magnificent backdrop as we invite you to explore the hidden archaeological gems of the wall by foot, showing you our favourite sections of this breath-taking world heritage site.
After your ‘march’ it’s not quite yet time for a well earned rest, as we ‘leave no stone unturned’ at 2 of the finest museums on the wall (specific requests will be considered*) before you bid vale (goodbye) to your guide. The bestselling ‘Roam with the Romans‘ tour truly is the complete Hadrians Wall experience.
The Roam With The Romans Tour includes:
A Full day guided tour (in English, approximately 7 hours) Starting from Cawfields (Near Haltwhistle, Northumberland)
Admission to 2 of the following museums: Vindolanda, The Roman Army Museum, Housesteads or Chesters
A leisurely walk along the slopes of the Whin Sill (a geographic feature which the Roman’s used to their advantage)
Opportunities to view a Milecastle, exceptionally well preserved parts of the wall & other archaeological features
- Group and family discount available
- A half day tour is on offer for those with less time
- Tours in English
- Small groups
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour. We do, however, reserve the right to wear modern clothing if the weather causes concern for health and safety.
- Distance: The tour takes place across a variety of environments, both indoor and outdoor. There is room to accommodate easier access to tour sites, should you require. See the Leisurely Walk description.
- Leisurely Walk: A walk for reasonably fit people with a small amount of hiking experience, on rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
- Times: The tour runs throughout the year. Start time is 10:00am and finish time around 5:00pm. Booking is essential
- Terms & Conditions
Book Your Tour Today!
Need more information or a group discount?
Get in touch on 01434 688386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for something else? Check out our other Hadrian’s Wall tours below.
£95.00 per person