Hadrians Wall Guided Tour
Ancient Britain will take you on a tour, hand picking highlights for this Hadrians Wall Guided Tour.
2000 years ago this was a frontier, a place where two cultures collided. Your guide can happily weave a narrative from both the Roman perspective and the native perspective, providing both viewpoints.
The Romans always intended to conquer Britain. Julius Caesar wrote about the riches of the British Isles… and also of giants and monsters. While Caesar made initial contact with the peoples of Britain, a full scale invasion would take another 90 years. Political turmoil in Rome was the catalyst for the new emperor, Claudius, to bring his forces to the shores of Britain, changing the country forever.
On this Hadrians Wall guided tour, you will see a Milecastle, and one of the best sections of the Vallum defence ditch. Cawfields also boasts some of the best views across the rugged moorland vistas of the Northumberland National Park.
2 Hour Hadrians Wall Guided Tour
- Group and family discount available
- A half day and full day tour is also available
- Tours in English
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour. We do, however, reserve the right to wear modern clothing if the weather is causes concern for health and safety.
- Start Location: Cawfields
- Distance: The tour takes place outdoors with uneven paths to walk on, see the leisurely Walk description.
- Leisurely Walk: A walk for reasonably fit people with a little country walking experience, on rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
- Times: The tour runs throughout the year. Start time is 10:00am and finish time is 12:00 noon. Booking is essential
- Terms & Conditions
£30.00 per person