Discover three of Britain’s ancient stone circle monuments, built by our Stone Age ancestors. Long Meg and Her Daughters, a stone circle ingrained with mystery and legend. The third biggest stone circle in Britain it is hard to convey the scale of this monument. We will provide you with some archaeological facts but also some of the legends, which are just as fascinating as the stones themselves.
Mayburgh Henge, is a very unassuming monument. Discreetly nestled into the landscape so much so that most people would drive past without even realising it’s there. This wonderful site will reveal the purpose of these monuments and their importance to our Stone Age ancestors.
The final stop is the most breathtaking, Castlerigg Stone Circle. This stunning monument is certainly one of the oldest stone circles in Britain, and possibly one of the first ever stone circles to be constructed. Exploring this ancient site, surveying the mountains and valleys surrounding you, which were once so vitally important to our ancestors. It is a visceral experience, one which you will remember forever.
- Long Meg and Her Daugthers
- Mayburgh Henge
- Castlerigg Stone Circle
Full day guided tour
- Group and family discount available
- A half day tour is also available
- Tours in English
- Small groups
- Distance: The tour takes place inside of historic venues with good surfaces to walk on and outdoors with uneven paths to walk on. We can drive the vehicle close to the venue for easier access, should you require. See the Leisurely Walk description.
- Leisurely Walk: A walk for reasonably fit people with a little country walking experience, on rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
- Times: The tour runs throughout the year. Start time is 10:00am and finish time is 5:00pm. Booking is essential
- Terms & Conditions
For more information ring the office on – 01434 688386 or email email@example.com
£95.00 per person
Out of stock