4 Hour Roam With The Romans
Half day guided tour
Ancient Britain will take you on a tour, hand picking highlights of Hadrian’s Wall World Heritage Site. Walk along the iconic central section of Hadrian’s Wall, followed by a visit to one of the best preserved Roman Forts in Britain. The Roman museums and archaeological sites in Northumberland, each have unique stories to tell.
As your guide explains the history of each site, they will also weave in the importance of the surrounding landscape to reveal what makes each place so special.
Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the stunning views across Northumberland National Park and Hadrian’s Wall.
Group and family discount available
(approx. 4 hours)
- Site entry in for ONE museums is included in this price
- A full day tour is also available
- Tours in English
- Small groups
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour. We do, however, reserve the right to wear modern clothing if the weather is causes concern for health and safety.
- Distance: The tour takes place inside of historic venues with good surfaces to walk on and outdoors with uneven paths to walk on. We can drive the vehicle close to the venue for easier access, should you require. See the Leisurely Walk description.
- Start location : Cawfields
- Leisurely Walk: A walk for reasonably fit people with a little country walking experience, on rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
- Times: The tour runs throughout the year. Start time is 10:00am and finish time is 2:00pm. Booking is essential
- Terms & Conditions
For more information ring the office on – 01434 688386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will visit Cawfields and ONE of the museums or forts listed below.
£55.00 per person