2 Hour Roam With The Romans
Walk along the iconic central section of Hadrian’s Wall World Heritage Site.
2000 years ago this was a frontier, a place where two cultures collided. Your guide can happily weave a narrative from both the Roman perspective and the native perspective, providing both viewpoints.
In addition to seeing The Roman Wall, on this guided tour you will see a Milecastle, and one of the best sections of the Vallum defence ditch. Cawfields also boasts some of the best views across the rugged moorland vistas of the Northumberland National Park.
2 Hour guided tour
- A half day and full day tour is also available
- Tours in English
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour. We do, however, reserve the right to wear modern clothing if the weather is causes concern for health and safety.
- Start Location: Cawfields
- Distance: The tour takes place outdoors with uneven paths to walk on, see the leisurely Walk description.
- Leisurely Walk: A walk for reasonably fit people with a little country walking experience, on rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
- Times: The tour runs throughout the year. Start time is 10:00am and finish time is 12:00 noon. Booking is essential
£30.00 per person